Sunday, January 25, 2009

A Baby Shower








I took sometime off from my studies yesterday, made a card and attended a baby shower for my niece, Ashley. It was a good day, oh and I attended the girls basketball game last night too. The Lady Pirates basketball team, did a special night of "Shooting for a Cure". They wore pink uniforms, and sold pink t-shirts, and even the cheerleaders wore special uniforms. Something different than the purple and gold. Two of girls on the basketball team, their moms are dealing with breast cancer right now. It was a very emotional night. Breast Cancer hits home, because my mom is a 5+ year survivor of breat cancer. We all most know someone who has been diagnosed with some form of cancer. It's scary.



Anyway, on to the baby shower. My niece Ashley is expecting her second baby, they are doing a scheduled c-section on wednesday, and she is expecting a boy, which they are naming Kai. So cute! I am going to make another hooded towel, but didn't have the time to whip one up, something to get done, this coming weekend. I spent the day at my sisters (Angela) house, and enjoying the company of my nieces (Heather, Ashley and Liz), and great nieces (Rustee, and Randy), and my great nephew (Jose', who is named after my nephew Jose' who died on Easter 2004, I miss him). They are so fun and lively to be around, and they deserve happiness, cause' that family has been through quite an ordeal. Shows me how much can happen how much sadness and loss, and yet life goes on, and you can still be happy. The picture is of Ashley, her fiance Ryan, and their son Jose'. I know, adorable family unit. She is so pregnant, it's amazing. I will be in school on wednesday, but I plan on going down to Missoula as soon as possible to see the new arrival. So excited. Okay, well I have a couple of ATI tests to take, and then I need to work on a KNL (don't ask), and then there is always plenty of reading and flash cards to make. I hope you all have a wonderful week.

No comments: