Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Happy Birthday Becky!

It's my older sisters birthday today! Just thought I would make some cards. I finally decided to start using my digital camera to take pictures of my cards. My scanner seems to fade the colors on the cards, and just doesn't do them justice. JMO!
I spent this morning in my stamp room, needed to egt in some ME time before school starts up again on Monday! The two weeks just flew by! There is nothing I like better than making cards by using up scraps, and that is what I did this morning. About a year ago I took all my scrap papers and seperated them by color, they are in ziplock baggies, and sit in a big basket with a handle on my stand next to my desk. This system really works for me. The other thing I did was remember to write down all the supplies I used for the cards I made. Just use a little sticky note, jot it down and stick it to the inside of the card until I send it out. (okay the thought of sending it out is nice enough)
I need to figure out a better lighting system for my picture taking, but without buying one of those expensive light boxes that the "pros" use. Maybe if I were selling my cards more I could see the expense but not now. School has my focus again, and cards will have to return to the background. Oh, and there is softball too! Our first game is a double-header on April 4th against Browning, my daughter is going to miss the first game of that double, cause she has to take her ACT exam that morning. But she will be back for the second game, and hopefully be starting the game pitching. I am so excited! I went to practice yesterday, and she did wonderful of course, she almost hit a homerun. I think this will be a great year for her. Well hope you have a great day, leave some comments or two.

Card Supplies:

Stamps: Stampin' Up-Birthday Whimsy
Cardstock: Stampin' Up - Basic Brown and Bashful Blue
Patterned Paper: My Minds Eye "Wild Asparagus"
Embellishments: Brown Ribbon, Gold Brads, Gold Saftey Pin, Gold Glitter, Cuttlebug Embossing Folder "Happy Birthday"

No comments: